View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 07:57 PM   #424
Kindle3w_Pdfs
Enthusiast
Kindle3w_Pdfs began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
Details about global settings in defaults.lua file?

I installed Librerator today on my Kindle 3. I want to change two of the default settings for pdf files, but I haven't found any documentation regarding the defaults.lua file. Where can we find the meanings of the settings variables, their range of values, and (in some cases) their units?

In particular, what changes to the defaults.lua file must be made to set landscape orientation (either clockwise or counter-clockwise) and fit-to-width for pdf files? The "essential use case" in the User's Guide suggests using the menu to change these two settings for each pdf document, one document at a time. Doing it one document at a time would be very tedious, so it makes sense to change both settings in the defaults.lua file if possible. (Or in some other component of Librerator, perhaps pdfreader.lua, if that would be easier.)

As an experiment, I changed DGLOBALZOOM_MODE from -1 to -2 in defaults.lua (using the -2 value described in the unireader.lua file), then relaunched Librerator, then opened a pdf file I hadn't opened earlier (so it wouldn't have any history). It still opened in fit-page mode, rather than the fit-width mode I hoped for.

Another generally useful option is automatic rotation to straighten page images that are slightly skewed. Is there a way to do this globally?

Thanks in advance.
Kindle3w_Pdfs is offline   Reply With Quote