View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 08:37 PM   #5
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
I am too, want to see this in the wild and compare with the Xoom and then make my decision. I don't have the patience for the Samsung out in June or July or whenever.

the price to specs with an included laptop dock that doubles as a charger, is too sweet to pass over.

But the Xoom is out now at a great price and I love the screen and hardware. So it'll be alot of back and forth at Staples or Best Buy.
I'd hold out for the Asus Transformer. To me, it seems like the best iPad alternative. In fact, I think it's the first Android tablet to get everything right, including the price. Even though I have an iPad 2 now, I still want one (can't afford it now though lol).

Have you checked out the Acer Iconia yet? I'm anxious to see how that one compares to the Xoom as well. Although, I'm not sure about the Acer brand. I really thought that I would wind up with a Xoom, but for some reason, I really didn't like the form factor (it didn't feel right in my hands, especially in portrait mode). Also, I think they should have offered a 16gb wifi version for $500 to compete with the low end iPad 2. Now the Acer and the Asus look to have a better design for some reason. I guess it's all speculation until the devices actually arrive in U.S. stores, but the advanced buzz overseas is positive so far for both tablets.

Edit: Actually, the Toshiba tablet looks pretty hot too right now!

Last edited by Noah98; 04-15-2011 at 08:18 AM.
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote