View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 06:24 PM   #48
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
But "identity theft" is ether a technical term that do not need to be related to the technical term "theft" or it is not a technical (legal) term at all. And do you really call people doing identy thefts for thieves?

I have heard some authors say they do not want there books to be sold second hand. So do you in that case consider it stealing to buy the book second hand?

What about ripped copies (copies withou front cover)? Are they OK to sell or buy?

I think that the electronic book market has to give the same functionality as the markets we have today for paper books. Half my paper books I have probably bought second hand for a dollar or so. I lot of the books I have bough I will never read. How do you get this kind of market that corresponds to the paper book second hand market for ebooks?
Good points. The second hand book market certainly complicates my arguments...

As for your identity theft question, yes the media and general public here in the U.S. call them "indentity thieves" and "identity bandits." Or at least in my part of the U.S. They also refer to large groups of people who do that as "identity theft rings"
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote