View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 04:07 AM   #5
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Heh. I started listening to audiobooks when I couldn't stand listening to the news any more while driving to work because it got me too jangled, but mine was a largely mindless drive. One of the great uses of audiobooks is while exercising. It doesn't make it fun, but it helps make it endurable.
I started listening to audiobooks, while going to work. A full train and reading a paperbook doesn't really work very well... Then I got a driver's license and a car and my audiobooks were put on a shelf for a bit. Until I got a job about an hour and a half drive away from home. I started to listen again during that drive (first half hour was mostly stop and go kind of traffic [no idea what the name is in English, I only know the Dutch and German words for it ), and after that, the road was generally empty (we're talking highway kind of roads).

Now, I mostly listen when I'm doing repetative tasks, or when my eyes are simply too tired (but not me).
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote