View Single Post
Old 10-18-2018, 08:45 PM   #4
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
I mostly listen while driving. Of course, it really comes down to the individual. Some people have trouble keeping their primary focus on the road while listening to audiobooks. At work, I only listen to audiobooks while doing rote tasks such as testing my software. Depending on how much I need to focus, I might have nature sounds on (highest focus), music, all the way down to podcasts and audiobooks.

Agree that a bad narrator can ruin any book, a good narrator can make an ok book much better.

The vast majority of my audiobook listens are books I've already read as paper or ebooks. It really is a different experience, IMPO. I listen mostly to fiction and history. Can't say that I've listened to anyone read the Bible, but I have listened to Don't Know Much About the Bible and enjoyed it.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote