View Single Post
Old 10-18-2018, 03:22 PM   #1
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
How to enjoy an audio book

Some tips for the curios froma fan of “reading” audiobooks.

1. Choose the right content. A book on math of physics is not likely to be a good audio book. Histories, stories, biographies, most any summer beach book, fiction in general...can all be excellently delivered by audiobook.

2. Try a sample. I listen to audiobooks mostly via Audible and they have a good track record with me in having quality narrators. That said, everyone has their own taste...so listen to a sample first. I love Scott Brick's narrations (does the Ender's Game Series). Tinker, Taylor, Soldier Spy - eww, the narrator was so bad I couldn’t enjoy the book and never finished. But don’t form your opinions about audio books based on a bad narrator.

3. Try the Bible. If you are a reader of the Bible, there are many options to listen to it. Better and worse versions. I did a whole “read you bible in a year” by listening to a lightly dramatized version using one of the modern English translations (like the Living Bible). Wouldn’t use that one for defining my doctrine, but it was great to get a fresh take on familiar scriptures.

When listening to the Bible, you can come away with new insights that weren’t readily available when reading. My understanding of both Job and Romans was particularly enhanced due to listening.

I liked having different people read the different character's and the minimal music or sounds (like animals if the scene was in a market). They didn’t change the actual words.

There are versions with just one voice and no attempt at all to distinguish characters and different versions of the Bible.

4. Listen to the book when doing something else that doesn’t need your full attention like doing household chores, taking a walk. You might not want to start while driving.

Enjoy
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote