View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 06:03 PM   #5
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alohamora View Post
I got mine for audio in the car. For that use I'm quite pleased. It does Kindle TTS, Audible, Overdrive audio books and Prime music competently. With a 64gb SD card added, I can carry around lots of audio content.

I just started playing around with Alexa and she's better at understanding what I want played than OK Google is on my phone, although having to activate her with the menu button is annoying compared to Google's always listening mode.
If you pair a keyboard, and it has a 'Home' key on it, then I think you can press that instead, and also control media playback.

I see there are small 'keychain' BT remotes to control camera shutter, and also media playback on smartphones and tablets. Seems like there should be one that also presses Home since that is how most mobile devices invoke voice assistant (when not listening for wake word). But I have not found one yet.

I doubt the Echo or Fire TV remote can be paired with Fire. But could be something Amazon could add support for in the future. I doubt it would cannibalize Echo or Fire TV sales and I assume remotes have a high markup on them.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote