View Single Post
Old 01-16-2016, 05:33 AM   #60
jemsoo7
jemsoo7 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Did for a test copied the working LC Calibre2 (64bit) folder C:\Program Files\Calibre2 and folder settings C:\Users\jemsoo7\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins into 2 versions of calibre portable. ONE from portableappz.blogspot (which date 2014) but is supposed to work fine with latest version of both 64bit and 32bit (as stated on the site), the other in calibre-portable version (default calibre website 2016 version).

The portableappz.blogspot version works fine it launches with LC running fine with all other plugins. The other one simply don't show LC ONLY.... other plugins works fine.

these 2 compiled version of calibre-portable.exe from calibre default website and calibrePortable.exe from portableappz.blogspot treat the 2 folders differently and allows LC plugin to run fine in one and not the other.... strange

Portableappz.blogspot uses an ini file in the folder of portable softs this one has this:

[CalibrePortable]
CheckRegWrite=true
AllowMultipleInstances=false
Library=Users\jemsoo7\Downloads\CalibrePortable\1_ 2\Library
DisableSplashScreen=false
SplashScreenName=

if i put Library=C:\Users\jemsoo7\Downloads\CalibrePortable \1_2\Library instead i get the python error "u' :" stated above by Alutian here and it does not load....

Hope this can add some light to this mystery.... but so far i can use the portableappz.blogspot version its working fine.... The folder structure are somewhat different as shown in the photo below!

not working for me: has change environment variable in user and added portable path in PATH as proposed by alutian.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre update plug 21.jpg
Views:	682
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	145577  
jemsoo7 is offline   Reply With Quote