View Single Post
Old 01-01-2015, 11:51 PM   #14
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I ended up with 12 books on my must read list as I added a 4 book, multi-author series at the end, but didn’t want to take off any of the other books I’d already listed. Most have been in my TBR for a while.

I have six of the AAR challenges set to go with a mix of books already in my TBR mountain and a few 2015 releases I know I will want to read right away. So that’s 90 books though some slots I have filled out with more than one title as I had several I could read. Those I will choose to fit my mood at the time.

What I love about the AAR challenges is that some of them are specific about the book’s tropes or characters, others are just general settings or time periods, and a few disregard the plot altogether and go solely by the author’s name, the book’s title, or how many letters there are in the name or title. So it’s very easy to mix-and-match. And the whole point is to be able to find books already in your TBR pile in order to shrink it (ha!). I was able to “schedule” over 90 books to read this year to suit whatever mood I am in at the time and still have it count toward one of the challenges. There’s even a whittler challenge with no rules, you just pick any 15 books in your TBR pile to read. I hope to do more than six rounds, but we’ll see how the year shapes up.

Going through my TBR digital pile made me aware of books I had forgotten I purchased I also used Calibre Companion to load about half the books I plan to read into my Mantano Reader app so I can just browse through my library there when I’m looking for something to read.

Just realized all of the books I picked from Calibre. I never even looked at my print TBR pile. Oops

ETA: I added a seventh challenge as with it and a little moving around of some of the books I had slotted in the other challenges I was able to add 15 books by an author who has been an autobuy for me since 2000, but I have fallen very, very far behind on her books. This will get me almost all caught up.

Last edited by library addict; 01-02-2015 at 04:01 AM. Reason: addition