View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 03:02 PM   #28
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post
I'm not trying to deny that happens. I am claiming that it usually happens after a few people become too vocal about an issue: when a general thread is hijacked for a particular issue, or when completely unrelated threads are hijacked for a particular cause. People are here to discuss a variety of things, not the pet causes of a few people.

Like I said, bring these things up if you wish. But please be respectful of the fact that some people will disagree with you and other people won't see it as an important issue. Also respect the fact that people may want to discuss other things. I'm still a bit miffed that the 2.5.2 bugs and features thread, non-title bar edition, was hijacked because I was interested in learning about potential pitfalls of upgrading -- not because I wanted to stifle dissent. But it didn't work out that way. It didn't work out that way because certain voices were over powering other voices. Blocking those voices (using the feature we're not supposed to mention) didn't work out because there were still the replies to those powerful voices.
Is there a limit to what text people can ignore? Is your keyboard locked up when others are posting? How could one post "overpower" another? If you were talking about distracting or OT attempts at injecting a little humor, you could have a point (And no one would accuse you of such activity), but that to can be ignored with a little will power.

Just keep posting those things you think more appropriate and there will be, could be, some who will respond.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote