View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 10:06 AM   #10
JeremyZ
Addict
JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Kindle 2, Samsung Galaxy Stellar phone
Yes, it has changed my life, but not drastically. I would say it changed my fiction-reading life.

I stopped buying fiction books a while ago, except for ones I know I will re-read. Going to the library just took too much time, so I found myself reading mostly on the internet.

The paper books I have at home are mostly nonfiction, reference-type books and fiction I know I will re-read.

But like you said Andrew, now I read a lot more fiction because it doesn't take up space. Space is at a premium for me, as I live in a smallish 2 bedroom condo. My wife is a doctor, and has a TON of paper books that she won't throw out.

I didn't realize how much my life had changed just in the several months of Kindle ownership until I had to buy a paper book again. The Dragonlance Chronicles by Weis & Hickman. This is one of those thin-paged, small print, 1000+ page paperbacks, and it is a real brick. It gets heavy a lot faster than I remember paper books getting. Turning pages while reading in bed is harder than I remember. (maybe because there were no other options) My K2, even with its heavy leather Oberon cover, is lighter and more ergonomic to use.

In short, reading has become so much more convenient as a result of this new technology that I do a lot more of it.

Oh, and I do find myself bringing my Kindle along with going out with my wife. Just the other week, she dragged me into a women's clothing store. I sat down in a corner with my Kindle and just offered my opinion when she comes out in a new outfit. Before, I used to get really frustrated and nag, nag, nag. So I guess it has improved HER quality of life too.
JeremyZ is offline   Reply With Quote