View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 04:22 PM   #26
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rem736 View Post
all this got me to thinking about another type of book store. it would go like this:
they sell ebooks and physical books. but there isn't any actual physical book until you request it. when you order the ebook, you get it delivered to your e-reader right away.

if you want the physical copy, there is a printer in-house that will print it out...while you watch. you have options as far as the physical book being paperback or hard cover, page size, and font choice as well. cost for the physical book would be the price of the ebook plus printing and materials, binding, etc.

is there such a book store?
based on the paperback prices for Amazon published books, I suspect that you aren't going to get any $1 paperback books. The ebook that I looked at cost $7, but the paperback cost $21. No idea what the actual cost for printing and binding a book with an in house printer, but I suspect it's not nearly as cheap as the individual cost for a 10,000 book run at one of the big print companies.

As much as I would love something like the old Barnes and Noble experience where I could browse the shelves and then buy the ebook, I question how popular it would be with most people.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote