View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 03:15 PM   #95
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Speaking of Danish authors. Have you read Kristin Lavransdatter by Sigrid Undset (the trilogy Kransen, Husfrue and Korset)? I was just looking at it and wondering how it was. I see Penguin Classics has an English translation.
No, unfortunately I haven't, but she's a well known and respected author, and I would give it a go if I were interested. Just be careful with the translation. Sometimes a translation can break an otherwise good book.

What we had to read in school was so boring, and I ended up being more interested in English authors than Danish. It's only recently I've started to discover that there's something of worth 'closer to home'.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote