View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 11:03 PM   #1
EditorOne
Jus' Learnin'
EditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toys

Device: none
Question Sigil epub doesn't work on Nook

I think I read somewhere here on this forum that when you upload to Nook (and apparently when you put an epub on your own Nook device), it dumps your stylesheet and replaces it with their generic one.

I think that must be very accurate because when my epub file (created by Sigil from a Calibre conversion--don't get me started on all the unnecessary junk that is in a Calibre conversion) is converted to mobi through KindleGen, it comes out perfect on the Kindle Previewer (all devices), but when I download the same file to my Nook Color, the entire layout is changed. There are spaces between paragraphs where I didn't put spaces, there are no spaces between headings and paragraphs, where I did put spaces (breaks) and none of the headings are flush left, they are indented just like the paragraphs (2em). (Mine were indented further because of a picky client who wants her ebook to look EXACTLY like her MS Word file. Geesh!)

What can I do to fix the epub so it actually works on epub readers other than to go back to square one? It's strange that Kindles have no problem.

PS. The Calibre conversion also kept a massive amount of MSword tags even though they had been "cleaned" by the online cleaner. If I totally remove all formatting I have a massive job of restoring her italics and non-italics within italic paragraphs, non-italic paragraphs with italics inside . . . DON'T ASK.

Any thoughts?
EditorOne is offline   Reply With Quote