View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 12:03 PM   #16034
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
I am going to change genres and start The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
Wow. I enjoyed that more than I was expecting. I read the previous 3 books (Study in Scarlet, Sign of Four, Adv. of SH) last year and while I enjoyed them, I wouldn't rate them as high as this one.

With that in mind, I am going to do my first re-read of the year: The Hound of the Baskervilles. I read this many years ago and remember enjoying it, but it had been my only exposure to Holmes and I was a bit turned off by the experience last year. Now, I am hopeful that his later works are closer to the Memoirs than the Adventures and I will really enjoy them too.

Note: I have been reading from the copies prepared for MR by HarryT. It is excellently formatted, although I wish it had better chapter breaks so I could quickly jump between stories, I am not savvy enough with Calibre to fix that issue. It also has very few other errors. I can only remember one right now and it was just a matter of a single letter ("me" instead of "my"?).

It looks like I may need to find a different source for the Case-Book when I get there, I hadn't realized there were portions that are not in the public domain here yet until reading some of the discussion above, but I will worry about when I get there, I have a while yet.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote