View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 09:49 PM   #135
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
I read (or re-read) three of these Lesley Cookman/Libby Sarjeant books (post #84) over the weekend, and found them to be sort of cute cozies with just a light bit of a "paranormal" thing, although they really mostly pre-date the trend for paranormal. They don't have lots of werewolves or vampires or anything like that. I'm usually really annoyed by paranormal stuff, but found this okay - kind of like the Nancy Atherton/Aunt Dimity books - just a light touch. I'm not super super recommending these, as I have for some other series, but if you like UK cozy village style mysteries, they're good.

If you want a bit more detail, but still not really a spoiler, although I'll hide it anyway:

Spoiler:
The "paranormal" element is really just one character who has what the Irish might call "a touch of the sight" - or at least so far in the first three books that's all it is. Not obnoxious, IMO, although it does let the author cheat a bit in guiding what the characters do and what leads they investigate...

I had bought all the 99 cent ones I didn't already have, thinking the price might go away, and planning to return some of them if I didn't like them, but after reading the three, I am planning to keep and read the rest over time, whenever I'm up for some non-demanding light reading.

I just checked and all are still 99 cents, at least for me in the US, on the main Amazon site.
Thanks for your summary. Very helpful, as always.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote