View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 10:35 AM   #45
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
A touch screen, though, is a purely electronic component with no moving parts. As such, I would guess that its failure rate is lower than that of a mechanical switch.
I am not sure. How often do you have a key fail on a computer keyboard? Granted, your experience might be different, but I can't remember ever having a computer where the keyboard was the first thing to start experiencing problems.. and only once did I have a hard drive fail (And that was easily replaced, that computer still runs).

My guess is that on all of these readers, the screen and the battery are far and away the biggest sources of early failures (the screen because of abuse.. the battery just because of the nature of the beast).

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote