View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 12:02 PM   #12
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaingeorges View Post
I guess I am a bit chicken.... I am going to wait a little bit until my gurus.. (delphi96 and HarryT) tell me that it is safe...

Regards

Georges
I'm running the update even as I write this. It's apparently about 40% - no 55% - done. Shouldn't be too long...

Oh darn. I forgot it goes through the progress bar several times... Still waiting...

Okay, it's switched to the small-logo with three dots screen...

Waiting...

And Library is up!

Okay. Contextual Menu (when in Library mode) still shows the choice of 5, 10 and 20 titles per page. It still shows Sort, Filter and Show File Formats. And it's got Advanced.

Under Sort, I get, "Sort By: Title, File Size, File Date, File Name and File Path." No major changes there.

Under "Filter" I still get the choices of: "Hide eBooks, Hide Images, Hide Music and Show All(default)." Again, no surprises there.

When I select "Show File Formats" it toggles between showing the file extension and not. Still no changes.

Under "Advanced" the menu choices are the same. Under "Advanced|Languages..." I get: the choices of "English" and "Francais". Under "Advanced|About", the About dialog box is the same except for the various copyright lines and the Boo Reader version line.

So far, I've not seen any improvements.

When I get into an ebook, I must say that my first desire was to see if any changes had been made in the "Layout" menu. So I went there. Or rather, I tried. It took me three attempts. (I first thought I was being fumble-fingered in my navigation control usage back at the Library, but I'm finding out it's the update.) The first two attempts I accidentally brushed the central button, causing me to accidentally "choose" the wrong option. Damn. This new update is seriously more "sensitive" to accidental touches. After having trained myself to press very firmly under the older firmware, I'm just too heavy-handed right now...

More later.

Derek

Oh yeah. I *did* get into the "Layout" menu. No new features. And as I don't use PDF, or for that matter MP3s, those changes are pretty much useless to me. Haven't seen the need for a "Locked SD" symbol for my SD card - but I guess it's something someone would have wanted.

Last edited by delphidb96; 05-07-2008 at 12:05 PM.
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote