View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 07:54 PM   #67
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I was pleasantly surprised to see others enjoying Jane Gardam's works - IMHO she's one of the finest "minimilast" writers today - how she can pack so much of an emotional punch into her spare unadorned prose just amazes me ... She deserves to be much more widely known & read in the US.

and speaking of unreliable narrators it was fascinating to compare the story lines in "Old Filth" with "The Man in the Wooden Hat" - what a difference a point of view makes.
I really liked the character of Albert Ross (or "Loss" with his Chinese accent). Filth mentions that Betty loathed him, so that ought to be interesting, if explored.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote