View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 08:54 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
These days it's getting harder and harder for any company to use e-mail reliably. If you have a public web site with e-mail addresses on it, you get swamped with spam.

I run my own software business; my "support" e-mail address receives typically 4000-5000 emails per day, 99.5% spam. If I didn't use spam-blocking technology, I couldn't begin to cope with the e-mail. I do use such technology because I have to, as does every company. The inevitable consequence of that is that if you are unfortunate enough to be sending mail from the same server as a currently-active spammer (blacklist operate, at least partially, using the IP address of the mail server), your e-mail won't get through.

It works the other way too. I'd estimate that about one in four or five of the e-mails I send to my customers doesn't reach them because of spam-blocking. That inevitably leads to irate customers who say "why aren't you answering my e-mail", which is very fraustrating when I am answering them and my reply isn't reaching them. There is, for example, a large American ISP called "earthlink". When I see an "earthlink.net" address my heart sinks because I know for a fact it'll bounce any reply I send to it (they seem to block virtually all international e-mail).

I wouldn't be so quick to blame Bookeen. Perhaps your mail isn't reaching them. Perhaps their e-mail isn't reaching you. That's why I'm suggesting that you try sending your mail from a different source and seeing if you have any better luck that way.

It's a no-win situation.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote