View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 06:24 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar2zz View Post
-Drag and drop books on Categories and apply category to those books. (for example, when dragging on label Science Fiction, apply label to all books dragged on it).
To be clear, you want to drag a book from the library display onto a tag in the tag browser (the list on the side), and have that tag put on the book?
Quote:
-Option to ignore labels when importing books. I rather use my own labelsystem instead of labels applied by unknown people.
Are you importing (adding) books or importing metadata?

If you are adding books, then the tags stored in that book's metadata are added with the book. If you don't want these, then:
- set the option to add a specific tag to newly-added books. (preferences -> behavior). For example, call this tag ANewBook
- add the books. They will have the tag ANewBook
- Search for all books with ANewBook, and select them.
- Using bulk metadata edit, select remove all tags.

If you are importing metadata, then don't import 'social metadata' and you won't get the tags.
Quote:
-Sync to device. An option to give books some kind of toggle to sync with ereader the next time it is connected. (Like iTunes does with Ipods).
To my knowledge, no current developer is interested in this feature.

My reason is that I most certainly do not want my entire library on my reader, but instead want a subset. To do this, I created a text column (call it #device) and put into it 'Transfer' (if I want the book on the device), 'Read', (if I don't and have read it), and 'Future' (if I will want to transfer it some day). If it is empty, I haven't decided yet.

I can find which books I need to send to the device by connecting my Sony and searching for
Code:
ondevice:false and #device:=Transfer
Anything that search finds is not on the device.

I can find books on the device that shouldn't be there using
Code:
ondevice:true and not #device:#transfer
Both of these are saved searchs.
Quote:
-In the experimental search and replace: add prefix and/or suffix and/or maybe with an option to count (for example [c], increase or decrease number or letter for every entry.
I don't know what you mean, add 'prefix', etc. You can already search for a prefix and add a prefix. What else do you want to do?

What is the purpose of count? If it is for series, you already have that. Series columns contain an index.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote