View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 03:32 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Decrypting DRM takes CPU cycles, so slightly slower would be normal.
So you are doing extra work (each EPUB section has to be un-zipped) befor it is displayed.

Take this with salt as I have exactly ONE book with ADE DRM (bought at My EZRead.com ).
Sluggish might be a better description.

I have been using Sigil to edit (non-DRM) books to Set Chapter breaks (I like a new chapter to start a New page, just like on paper). This results in smaller portions being loaded as there is only 1 Chapter per portion).
Many conversions to EPUB by Calibre, just break the file into sections based upon size (not to exceed).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote