View Single Post
Old 10-24-2021, 05:08 PM   #5
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe, Oasis, Clara 2E, Libra 2, Libra Colour
I am very sorry to ask this, as it all seems to be second nature to you. But what do I do when "if the patching succeeded" fails!? I have followed the steps over and over again and no tgz ever appears in my Out folder.

So, we have the instruction "if success ..." but there is no "if failure..."

Am I to conclude that I am the only person ever to fail at doing this? Probably.

1. Download the firmware from https://pgaskin.net/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html to the src folder.
The zip should be called something like kobo-update-4.28.18220.zip. You may need to rename it.
2. Enable patches in the files in the src folder (or use the overrides in kobopatch.yaml).
3. Run kobopatch.bat on Windows, or kobopatch.sh on Linux.

4. If the patching succeeded, a file named KoboRoot.tgz will be created.
Copy it to the .kobo folder of your device.
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote