View Single Post
Old 10-28-2017, 12:32 PM   #67
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
I'm going to ignore the reading/listening discussion to focus on this part of your original comment.

If I couldn't get audio books for long drives I would go nuts! What system to you have from your library that you can't load them on your phone anymore? Just trying to make sure I can yell loudly at my library if they try to change to a system that doesn't allow this. Are they streaming only now? That wouldn't work for me since there are way too many places nearby with little to no service and my data plan is quite small.

My libraries use Overdrive and I don't have any problems doing that or downloading them as MP3s and loading them on my old iPod. I can also go to the library and check out audio books on CD if I needed to, but I haven't had to resort to that yet. (I'm not even sure my truck's CD player works. I haven't used it in the 5 years I have owned it and given that the truck is older than I was when I graduated college I doubt it works.)
Sorry, I meant cant listen to it on my mp3 player. Really wanted to be the person that would run miles just to listen to a good book. Probably doesn't really work that way. Although I had accidently set my mp3 player to play one song, over and over, and I found it made the running tough (bohemian rhapsody).

My intent was not to disparage audiobooks (although I didn't like my daughter equating audible with reading). Just find the tag line very demeaning to readers, and since Amazon got its start as a bookstore, kind of surprised. Although I guess Bezos is a marketer, not a book seller.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote