View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 04:40 AM   #17
Corkobo
Zealot
Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Nook Touch
Best (not including re-reads):
"Elizabeth the Queen" by Alison Weir - Biography of ER I, focusing on the Elizabeth herself rather more than other biographies, managing to give a good image of court life in a book that is quite short for its subject matter.

"The Skinner", "The Voyage of the Sable Keech" and "Orbus" by Neal Asher - a new (for me) trilogy by a writer who has now become my second favourite SF author (after Peter F. Hamilton).

"Master and Commander", "Post Captain" and "HMS Surprise" by Patrick O'Brien - wonderful stories which for some reason I've discovered only now

I cannot think of a bad book I've read this year but I am quite conservative and tentative in my reading habits. I find an author I like and tend to read that author's work. I also re-read a lot. So all in all, I'm rarely disappointed.
Last time I did not read a trilogy after finishing the first book was about 2-3 years ago. I recall that I abandoned the 2nd book half way through which is rare for me.
Corkobo is offline   Reply With Quote