Thread: Kindle refunds
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 08:36 AM   #2
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportourer1 View Post
Why do Amazon allow this for eBooks but not paper books?
You can return paper books at Amazon -- in fact, you have 30 days to return them. At least I hope so because I just returned on to them. (Based on the reviews, I thought I was getting a paperback copy of a translation of the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle. Instead, I got a book in Old English -- the reviews applied to a different edition by the same editor.)

They do have to be in good condition, or you only get a partial refund. Also, if there is an error on the part of Amazon, they pay the shipping. I know of people who return books to them all the time because the description doesn't match the book, because the book turns out to be a reprint instead of a new book, etc.

The return policy might vary by country, of course. Also, if you buy from a third party vendor, then I suppose all bets are off unless the vendor sent the wrong book, lied about condition, etc.
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote