View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 11:03 AM   #5
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Its just that 14.2 is so frakking stable!
The only time I got anything on it to crash was by feeding FBreader over 500 Truetype fonts. It went over 4 months without ever crashing.
That's in Kindle-stability territory. But Kindle firmware does a lot less (as in supported formats and end-user features) and thus has less possible failure modes.
I put up with regular crashes on my BeBook thinking it simply bit off more than it could chew in trying to support essentially every ebook and document format on PCs. But the Pocketbook software supports almost as many formats (sigh, minus LIT), it does it generally better (dual-column landscape mode has its uses), and its generally more stable.
We've just been spoiled.

The comment about SD card sensitivity is something to think about. The firmware presents both storage pools in a unified form so I hadn't given much thought to whether the crashes were due to the card or not. But then, I don't have the dual-boot issue so my card seems fast enough...
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote