Thread: Entourage Edge
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 09:08 PM   #8
paulckennedy
Addict
paulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-books

Device: Apple iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoff View Post
I'm really on the fence about the eDGe (the pun was too easy), so I can't wait for paulckennedy's review.
  • I like that you'll be able to export your scribbles on-top of whatever document you're working on as long as it doesn't have DRM.
  • I like that you can use the docs2go pdf viewer to read a PDF while taking notes on the e-ink side at the same time.
  • I don't like that you can't backup to your own server using their backup feature.
  • I don't like that it doesn't automagically crop the margins. (although it does have a persistent zoom feature)
ok. lets see.
  1. The export feature for your scribbles I believe will be expanded upon with future work that they will be doing with the Blackboard alliance they have made.
  2. The Docs2Go feature to view PDFs is something I didn't catch but I will definately be trying it out.
  3. The Backup feature that they have provided I see as a tool. The system is basically a modded Linux. I am certain it is possible to write a backup feature to use in its place. You can't do that with the iPad.
  4. I truly have no feelings on the margin issue. I'll just have to see it in my hands and find out what I can do to modify it for my viewing preferences.
paulckennedy is offline   Reply With Quote