View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 10:11 AM   #30
obelix
Connoisseur
obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaporware
Obelix, how the heck did you solder that FAN5607? If you could, could you explain your circuit? I am interested in reproducing your design.
1. Glue the chip legs-up to the small piece of the circuit board.
2. With regular soldering iron (RadioShack $10) solder thin wires (extracted from multiple-strand wire) to the legs (be careful, do not touch them for more than 1 sec).
3. Put pieces of plastic tubing on the wires to isolate them.
4. Solder the opposite ends of the wires to capacitors and resistors soldered to the board at the earlier step.

Hint: You can get capacitors (of the type needed for the circuit) from any broken computer electronics. I got mine from damaged hard drive. Just take the biggest capacitors located at the power connector (box-shape, brown color). I did not care much about capaciance, I built 2 units and they both work fine, I think capacitance is not that important.

Sorry, I dont know exact English terms for many things like that, so if you will need more information, please drop me a message to m_ryb AT netzero DOT. com, if needed I can do more pictures.
obelix is offline   Reply With Quote