View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 02:23 PM   #323
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
So when someone uploads a copyright video to an online video site they are less responsible for the copyright violation than the site itself? It doesn't matter, so far as I know, that there is money involved in the transaction.
I am not a lawyer, but in my local (Spanish) laws it matters indeed whether there is money involved or not. Sharing copyrighted content without intent of profit is legal (or so has been ruled at least once), selling unauthorized copyrighted content is undoubtedly illegal. The fact that there is money involved is crucial.

But anyway, who is more or less responsible was not the main point, and it would depend on the circumstances and subjectivities.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote