View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 09:10 PM   #9
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Not directly, no. To begin with, the Kindle and the Sony readers use completely different e-book formats... one cannot read the formats of the other.

In some cases, it might be possible to convert the Kindle documents (essentially an altered Mobipocket format) into the Sony format (LRF). But you might have to crack any existing DRM on the Kindle document first, then you'd have to input the text into software that would convert it into LRF... possibly through an interim step, like pasting the text into a word processing program first, then into your LFR creation software...

...or, to put it another way, it's probably not worth the trouble.
Well, I do it all the time. Given that it takes only a minute or two to do, I would have to say that if the idea of converting crosses your mind, then it's most likely worth your time to do. I would say that a majority of people who are willing to buy both a Sony and a Kindle and can actually figure out how to buy and download books from the Sony Connect store, can certainly figure out how to convert ebooks they buy from Amazon for use on the Sony reader. The biggest hassle is simply getting the instructions together.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote