Thread: Firmware Update K4 and KPW Firmware Version Question
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 10:43 PM   #1
ForsCream
Connoisseur
ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite
K4 and KPW Firmware Version Question

I have used a KPW for about 2 years, recently I got a K4.

Today when I compare these two devices, I have question about the firmware versions.

My KPW's firmware version is 5.x, and my K4's firmware version is 4.X.

My question is:

Are these two firmwares are actually the same one but just in different version?(Let me explain it more clearly, say my old iPod Touch 2, it stays at iOS 4.2.1 and not able to upgrade anymore. My iPhone is iOS 7, they are all iOS but just different versions.)

Or they are totally different "branches" of Kindle family's firmwares?
ForsCream is offline   Reply With Quote