View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 06:41 AM   #4
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
It's not a question of "asking" for them. If you hit the return key in Book View to add vertical spacing, Sigil automatically generates the code:
Gosh, I've never done that. All vertical spacing is in the style sheet. All the instances were randomly inserted into the text. As I recall, most often it would go like this: the close of an italics tag, followed by a non-breaking space, followed by the next character. Usually this caused no problem, but sometimes it glued the end of one sentence to the start of the next, with possible ill effects to the justification of the paragraph.

There weren't as many as I thought--maybe twelve or fifteen in a lengthy book.

Anyhow, I deleted them, adding an actual space where necessary, and the book is the better for it.

(The html, by the way, was created by word2cleanhtml online. Perhaps that's where the non-breaks came from?)

Thank you all!
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote