View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 06:54 PM   #555
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kim1406 View Post
I sent you an email, but I thought, I should post here as maybe someone will be interested.

As I mentioned I'm having difficulty to get a pdf file with a proper font size, always getting some lines or pages with very small fonts. I tried several options like changing the gap between lines, and between words. Here is what I do when using command lines. My file is Arabic.

-r -dev kpw -gtc 0.005 - gtr 0.02 -gtw 0.009 - p 1-10

I tried several values for gtr and gtw, but I didn't get it right. Attached is a file I tried.
Part of the problem is that your document dimensions seem very large--13 x 20 inch pages--this was making the default output size very large. I used -ds 0.5 to scale them down to a more normal page size. After that, it was a matter of using a high enough value for -gtr and a low enough value for -ws so that k2pdfopt could correctly split the rows and words, and also using autostraighten. This is what I ended up with:

k2pdfopt -ds 0.5 -as -r -dev kpw -gtr 0.05 -ws 0.25 file.pdf

willus is offline   Reply With Quote