View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 07:38 AM   #30
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
Everyone points to Borders as being a casualty of the ebook wars, but from what i understand it was the result of decades of bad management.
I worked for Borders in the 1980s and it was very badly mismanaged. My son worked for them in the late 1990s and they were still badly managed. I think it is very fair to say that Borders died from poor management long before ebooks became a hit.

And it doesn't take much of a genius to recognize that you don't hire your biggest competitor to manage your only online bookstore. Why shop at Borders when you were essentially shopping at Amazon anyway. If that isn't the death sign of abysmal management, surely there is no such sign.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote