View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 06:00 AM   #2
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre33 View Post
When I modify the metadatas of an epub in Calibre, my modifications are only stored in the Calibre database but the epub file itself is not modified.

I would like to do that to have "clean" epubs if I have to restore my epubs in a new installation of Calibre later.

So, is it it possible to modify all my epubs with the Calibre database metadatas and if yes, how ?

I found a work around by "converting" my epubs to epubs. That creates a new "clean" file and rename the original epub with the extension .original_epub . The problem is that double the size of my Calibre directory.

Is there a better way to do that (I mean without keeping the original file) ?

Thank you !
Use the modify epub plugin to update metadata
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote