View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 12:01 PM   #1076
FaceDeer
Connoisseur
FaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Touch
If you're thinking of going on a coding spree soon, I've got a minor feature idea that you might like to slip in. Would it be possible to have a setting to tell FFDL not to convert or recompress images into jpeg and instead just copy them as-is? I encountered a png diagram near the end of the last chapter of Flight of the Alicorn that got turned into a solid black square by FFDL, presumably because transparency was used in the original png to produce the not-black parts of the diagram and the jpeg converter just stripped off the alpha channel.

Also I just get a little bit twitchy about lossy compression in general and would prefer to have "archive-quality" copies of fanfics stashed away, regardless of the filesize or the strain large images may put on lower-end ebook readers. But since it's just me being twitchy I wasn't going to bother you until I hit this more practical example of compression causing problems.