View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 03:39 PM   #11
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
The Sony store offers excerpts of some books on the website. From what I've seen, they're quite short, about as much as I would tend to read standing in the bookstore browsing. For me, that's not enough. I often ended up with books I didn't like enough to finish before. With the Kindle, I get a fairly large sample (usually a whole chapter) and I can read it on my device whenever I please. Then if I like it, I can have the rest of the book in seconds. When I hear about a book I might like, I just go get the sample. I'll figure out if I really want it later. I've sampled a lot of books that I didn't buy. Without the sample, I would've bought them and not finished them. Money wasted.
I do the same thing. And, when you get to the end of the sample, there are links to order right now or "save for later". The "save for later" acts as your wishlist for Kindle books. Unfortunately, your friends and family can't see them and order them for you as gifts. So you have to ask for gift certificates if you want to someone to be able to give you Kindle books.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote