View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 07:09 PM   #25
WoenK
WoenK began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3, Trekstor5
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Google: JTAG or eJTAG for ARM (or Freescale).

The eJTAG group of pads are identified on the board, but the individual pads are not identified as to the signal present.

Will take either a fancy (expensive) eJTAG device that self identifies the individual pads - or some hardware guru's time and o'scope.

Then all we have to do is discover the registers and register bits functions in the Freescale SoC.

Hmm...
Didn't you say you had a spare K3 e-ink display for sale?
nope...no display for sale because even if this one is fried, I will keep it for spare parts

I think the problem is that Win7 can not do anything with that SE RINGO thingy and the drivers in the Freescale dir do not seem to be the right ones.

edith: Not sure if it was the last reset or the ATK program, but no the USB port goes on and off...which is better then before becaus it was onle once after a reset on for a few secs

edith: seems like I need the V1.70 and not the 1.66 I downloaded, which is a bummer, because for the V1.70 one has to register

Update:1.66 works fine in XP mode...

Update: Have the 1.67 and not the 1.66...I can get to the moment where it would start flashing, but it loses the connection to USB. I seems that I can only find the port shortly after a reset, but Win7 cuts it again because it has no 64Bit driver for it

last update before sleep: found V1.70...surely not easy to find and not directly from Freescale ...and also does not include any 64 bit drivers,actually in the windriver dir are the same drivers as in V1.67. Deinstalled it on Win7, installed in virtual PC and there I am at least getting to the flash tool, but the USB port gets disconnected on the Win7 side and reconnects (disconnects exactly the moment I try to dump or program)...absolutely no way to dump or write anything that way....
Not sure if it is the setup or the K3, will try to install XP on another machine...
Had Codewarrior installed in the meantime, because it seemed to have the drivers...wasted time
...after 6 hours of fiddling around, I lay my head and rest

Last edited by WoenK; 07-02-2012 at 12:05 AM.
WoenK is offline   Reply With Quote