View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 08:59 AM   #4
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
I know, I know, walled garden, blah blah. But I really am for it. I don't see it any different than going into Best Buy and only having certain products to choose, where if I go to a flea market I have to choose between different items laid out on an old bed sheet. LOL...

Besides, as long as you can get the apps that you want, there is nothing wrong with the appstore business model.
Oh, a walled garden in itself isn't bad. Except there'll always be people behind it. A walled garden becomes bad when those people block apps, not because they're malicious, but because they don't like it. Like apple blocking apps because you could possibly see pictures with it that aren't suitable for 6-year olds.

Or, as my husband's company found out, the word "drugs" is used in it... They made a website for a company that helps drugs addicts to quit. One of the tools they wanted for that was some sort of application where the user could enter how much drugs he had used each day. Apple denied this application because you could keep track of you drug use with it...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote