View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 10:17 AM   #9
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Scion,

I'm sorry this happened to you but glad you found out before turning the unit over to the buyer. You have me worried though. I bought one from Borders for the express purpose of reselling it. I have only ever had a Sony reader. I've never had any significant problems with them. I had a weird battery blip and then the silliness of the 300 library PDF/epub conflict but nothing having to be reset on a regular basis.

I watched the discussions on the constant firmware updates, the errors, the resets, the freezing, how they fix one thing but set back a few others and it worried me. I never bought it for me and wouldn't but when the price was right I did grab one for resale. It's enroute to Australia and I'm worried.

I don't think that the issue would be limited to Borders however. I think it's the luck of the draw as to which unit is going to crap out and which one isn't. I agree however with your comment about the person who slapped this crap together. I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain you weren't meaning the specific individual in the factory but rather the higher-up who condoned the creation of such a lousy device.

They put too much time into making it cutesy with the nonsensical Facebook integration for example rather than just making a good, stable reading device.