View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 12:14 PM   #11
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahi View Post
[not to be used for profit statement on public domain ebook]

What the hell?!
Someone's trying to pull a fast one. Public domain is public domain. It is no longer covered by copyright. You can do whatever you like with it, including selling it for profit.

I have seen it argued that if you agree to a 'licence' when viewing or downloading public domain books you might be restricted by the terms of that licence. I don't agree with this argument at all, but I don't think it's ever been decided in court.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote