View Single Post
Old 08-10-2019, 11:49 PM   #23
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgraygrayco View Post
The update to 0.9.14 did not fix the problem for me, unfortunately.

The Find panel does seem to be part of the problem:

If I resize window and panels, and if the Find panel is open when I save and close the document, then upon reopening the document its window and panels revert to the default (small) sizes.

If I close the Find panel before closing the document, then upon reopening the document its window and panels keep my custom sizes.
By any chance, do you have a dual-monitor set-up?

My previous window size/position issues related to the F&R widget and floating windows were solved with 0.9.14 and continued to be solved with 0.9.16. But I did discover something interesting that might help shed further light on this issue.

I have a dual-monitor set-up where one display is smaller and at different resolution than the other display.

I always use Sigil on the big display, and my epub files are usually on the big display's desktop. But on the infrequent occasion when the epub file is on the small desktop, opening the file will cause the Sigil window to open on the big desktop but at the default size/position.

So if you're having window size/position issues on a dual-monitor Mac set-up, perhaps take note of which desktop the epub file is on when you open it and whether that makes a difference?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

ETA: I have apparently just jinxed myself. After spending some time with 0.9.17, I have discovered another weird window size/position anomaly where sometimes when I close, the window expands to the full width of the desktop (not full-screen since the Apple bar and Apple Dock remain, but full-width of the desktop), with the Code View panel gaining all the space. It's really quite shocking because I'm actually seeing the window expand before it disappears. The next time I open an epub, the window is huge. I will try to figure out how to reproduce this at will, but figured I'd throw this out there since I re-opened the door to the window size/position discussion.

ETA2: Screenshots don't do this justice. DiapDealer and KevinH, I just PM'd you both with a screen-video.

ETA3: Thank you, KevinH! The fix has been working great. Windows are stable and remember size/position.

Last edited by odamizu; 08-27-2019 at 12:37 AM. Reason: removed screenshots, ETA3
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote