View Single Post
Old 04-27-2019, 03:07 PM   #17
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
... a bug that affects some linux systems RE the F&R widget. Although the overall Window size doesn't seem to be affected on Linux, when the F&R widget is open when exiting Sigil, the central dock area (Code View/Book View) will expand (when sigi! is next opened) and "smoosh" the left and right dockwidget areas down to almost nothing. The same workaround prevents it ...

The more pieces to the puzzle I find, the better.
Another piece of the puzzle maybe ...

I discovered by accident today that if I have a floating window open when I close an ebook, the next ebook will revert to default size and position. So on my Mac, it's necessary to close the F&R widget and close or re-dock any floating windows before exiting in order to retain window size and position.

Also, I normally have Book Browser in left pane, Code View in center, and Preview+Table of Contents (on top of each other so I switch using the tabs at the bottom) in the right panel. If I close Sigil when either Preview or Table of Contents are undocked and floating, the next ebook window is SMOOSHED! Haha! The right pane takes up almost the entire window, and the center (Code View) and left panes are smooshed to almost nothing. But the smooshing doesn't happen if the floating window isn't set to dock on top of another window. If all of the panes just have a single function (and no tab at the bottom to switch), then having a floating window open when I exit an ebook just results in the next window reverting to default size/position without smooshing.

No urgency on a fix — just sharing details in hopes of being helpful. Thank you
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote