View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 10:50 PM   #12
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmi View Post
I download my ebooks to my computer and then sideload them on whatever reader I want to. If you don't already use Calibre, get it. Anything I buy or any freebies I download to my laptop, put them in Calibre and then I can sideload onto whatever Sony or Kobo or Nook or Kindle I want to. Plus, I then have a backup on my laptop.
Since I use Linux and don't really want to bounce around to a Windows computer (or use Wine), I don't have ADE readily available. That's okay if I can buy online with a Kobo (and then transfer to Calibre with Obok) but now I've lost four devices that used to be able to sync with each other and download directly from Kobo's bookstore ... a Sony PRS-2, a Kobo WiFi, a Kobo Mini (the one that hurts the most) and the Kobo app on m Blackberry Q10. Looks like I'll revert back to Amazon for most of my book purchases ... since (at least at this time) I've got a lot of choices for downloading Kindle books to Calibre without ADE or Windows.

The Kobo Touch will still work on the Kobo Store, but for how long?
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote