View Single Post
Old 09-24-2015, 02:27 PM   #14
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by najgori View Post
solution is easy. don't clean and format file on save or open
Or ... leave clean and format file on save and open turned on and switch to the Gumbo Parser only (instead of Pretty Print) option.

That's something I was meaning to mention anyway. I've found the Gumbo Parser option to be far and away the least intrusive of the two options. Even with not-well-formed code or unknown tags, it does a fantastic job of leaving the code unmolested (for those of us--myself included sometimes--who are obsessed with the "aesthetics" of our code ).

With Tidy, we had two choices. Which in all reality were: 1) "Mess with My Code a Lot" and 2) "Mess with My Code a Lot While Adding a Lot of Extra Whitespace."

Now we truly have a "Try Very Hard Not to Do Anything at All" option. And that is the second of the two, "Gumbo Parser."

Though we provide the Gumbo Pretty-Print option (and will continue to tweak it as issues arise), it is our hope that those who have specific needs with regard to the "prettiness" of their (x)html code might consider switching to the Gumbo Parser only option and write a Pretty-Print editor plugin to meet all their coding feng shui obsse--err... I mean requirements.

EDIT FOR CLARITY: The two options are called "Gumbo Pretty-Print" and "Google Gumbo-Parser." It's the latter of the two that I consider to be the least intrusive clean-source option.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-24-2015 at 02:55 PM.