View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 10:33 PM   #60
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by spec View Post
none of that is unique, or new, or make the device's price attractive for the features. i dont really want to argue. I really hope people who ordered nook color are happy. I'm pretty sure that 100% (or close to it) of people who did, who talk of "high quality components" have not held it in their hands or seen it live and are just speculating that it will have high quality components. your last paragraph illustrates it best: "nook color sets it apart" and then you go to compare plethora of tablets but nook color is not among them (and on top of that you almost say "just go with ipad").

I'm not buying nook color. If I was looking for something like that I would go with exact same android tablet, but unlocked, so from other manufacturer. Reason being I could do all the stuff nook color can do, plus I'm free to install alternatives to b&n on it (like amazon). I dont buy into "high quality components" - maybe it does have them, I'm pretty sure people that state that it does just dont know that at the moment and we wont actually know that before 11/19.

One other thing is I've been on the android side in the "apple vs android" discussion, but I'm slowly starting to think that android is overhyped altogether. so perhaps it is worth paying a bit more for ipad (and still get both b&n and amazon software on it) if you need that sort of device.

I'm staying with my good old nook 1 which I paid $259 for. And I still think it's a great device, I would not trade it for kindle 3 or anything else that's out there (still!). It would be great if b&n release soft updates more often to make it faster, make the software more user friendly and open the development to the community.
I don't think you actually read my post. The only thing I was comparing was THE SCREEN. And, I don't know what you mean by "and then you go to compare plethora of tablets but nook color is not among them." The plethora of tablets that I listed all have inferior screens to the nook color (and yes, I am going by the specs and the videos of the nook color vs. my experience with the others).

As far as the ipad goes, it is absolutely a better tablet. However, the ipad is $500 and the nook color is $250. Also, the Samsung Galaxy pad is even more expensive than the ipad.

I really don't care if you agree with me or not (although I could do without your nasty response to my post). However, don't attack what I wrote unless you attack the point that I was actually making.

By the way, my point was that I (and others who are posting here) believe that $250 is a great price for such a nice screen, which to me is the most important component on the device (name another $250 tablet with a screen that is as good or better). Also, why are you criticizing people for pre-ordering? We are not stupid, and realize that we can only go by specs now since we can't hold the device yet. And, if I don't like the device after I get it, I'll return it. Unless B&N made up the screen specs, I'm pretty sure I know what I'm getting. Also, isn't it logical to assume that those who own the original nook and feel that it is high quality device might have faith in B&N's ability to do the same with the nook color?
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote