View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 11:57 AM   #51
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by spec View Post
when you say "quality screen of the color nook" what do you mean precisely? I'm not looking for words like "better" or "prettier" but specs
The nook color has a higher quality screen than most android tablets because (taken from the B&N homepage tech specs):

•Stunning 7 inch VividView™ Color Touchscreen shows more than 16 million colors on the best-in-class IPS** display.
•Incredibly clear, sharp text and images from an unsurpassed high resolution display at 1024 x 600 delivering 169 pixels per inch (PPI).

Plus it has a wide viewing angle, and a special layer on the screen to reduce glare. Also, it is a capacitive, multitouch screen.

Tablets like the Archos 70 for example have a resolution of only 800 x 480, and the pixel density is less than the nook color.

The even cheaper tablets have resistive screens and poor viewing angles.

I believe the screen on the nook color really sets it apart from the competition, with the exception of the ipad. I have tried the Pandigital Novel, Cruz Reader, Cruz Tablet, Archos 7HT, and various other devices, and none of them come close to the screen quality (along with other features) of the ipad (which my wife owns) or the nook color (based on the specs).

Last edited by Noah98; 11-16-2010 at 05:09 PM.
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote