View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 07:51 AM   #28
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
Is this intended/hoped to be anything like the style of Michael Moorcock's Michael Kane series ("City of the Beast" etc.)? And those I think were a sort of homage to Edgar Rice Burroughs' John Carter series.

If that's a yes, then you can count me in. What's the etiquette for this thread? Do I just PM you with my email address?
I've read some of Moorcock's books, but I haven't read that series. Mine is more light-hearted. In my book, Don Quixote has accepted that he was mad, and still continues to believe that he is mad. Thus, when he meets four-armed giant, he is determined not to be fooled by delusions. He insists that it is not a giant, but is merely a windmill. He continues to believe this, despite the giant picking him up and throwing him to the ground. He insists that the wandered too close to the windmill and was struck by the blades.

Here's a couple lines, where Don Quixote insists that the giant is but a windmill despite the insults the giant yells at him. He insists that the yelling is just the wind.

Don Quixote proceeded calmly, ignoring the obscene gestures and insults the giant hurled his way. “Be at ease, Zancho, this is no storm, but just a little wind.”
“Your grace, I have heard the wind whistle, I have heard the wind moan, but I have never heard the wind insult my dear mother!”

'Zancho' isn't a typo, on Mars, Don Quixote has a squire named Zancho, rather than one named Sancho.

You can PM me with your e-mail address, but if after seeing the description, if you're no longer interested, I'll understand.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote