View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 07:14 PM   #157
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCCPhreak View Post
I know that I brickflashed the main kernel and the diags kernel. This shouldn't have damaged the fastboot "kernel", right..

I can access u-boot from serial (at least until it freezes) but I'm not sure what command will help me flash something.. or boot into a reliable u-boot. none of the commands listed in "help" sounds anything like uploading files.

Regards,

TCC

Update:
I don't know what just happened but *something* just happened.. I told uboot to reset, it then decided to halt.. And somehow this fixed the decreasing-voltage-problem. The voltage number is rising at the moment and I even had access to a prompt names "bist >" and having some commands with "ymodem"... Guess, it's time to prepare the kernel backups for upload..
fastboot is in the bist u-boot image, which is saved to a different location than the partitions or the kernels. Flashing kernels and partitions does not affect the u-boot images. You need to flash those separately, but I think they get backed up in an mmcblk0 image.

Glad it's charging now, and good luck. You aren't one of those guys who used fastboot to erase the entire mmc, now are you?

Look back in the forums for how Rastik recovered from erasing his mmc by using the serial port. You should be able to do as he did to recover you kindle.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote